VISA & others
For international students who wish to work in Taiwan (either on campus or off campus), they are required to apply for and obtain the work permit before starting work. Please note that if you hold a job without applying for the work permit, you may be fined for NT$30,000 to NT$150,000!
1. Required Documents:
(1) Bureau of Employment and Vocational Training BEVT Application Form(Doc file, Chinese only)
Consent Form for Work Permit Application for NTU International Students
(2) One copy of student ID card (on application form)
(3) The academic transcript from your most recent 1 semester of degree courses or a one-year transcript of the language course.
(4) One copy of passport and ARC
(5) One 2-inch photo (on application form)
(6) The receipt of fee transferring from post office (the amount is NT$100)
For applicants may transfer the application fee in a post office or pay in the counter of Bureau of Employment and Vocational Training (BEVT)
Account Name: 行政院勞工委員會職業訓練局聘僱許可收費專戶
Account Number: 19058848
(7) Proving Documents (any one of following documents is acceptable)
a. Specific proof of the applicant's financial difficulty in supporting his or her living or education. Please explain the reasons on the Consent Form for Work Permit Application for NTU International Students.
b. Proof that the applicant is needed for the academic work at the educational institute he or she is enrolled at. The proof should be issued by the educational institution which requests the student's participation. It can be attached or be pasted on the reason column of the Consent Form for Work Permit Application for NTU International Students.
c. Proof of the applicant's need of doing off campus intern in relation to his or her studies. The proof should be issued by the department which gives the course. It should be attached or be pasted on the reason column of the Consent Form for Work Permit Application for NTU International Students.
(8) All copies should have the signature of the applicant and be annotated with the words "conform to the original document" in Chinese (「與正本相符」)
2. Application Procedure
(1) Fill in the application forms and prepare the required documents.
(2) Have the application stamped from the adviser or academic institute of the applicants.
(3) Prepare relative proving documents (see point 7 in Required Documents, above)
(4) Have the application and all documents stamped at OIA.
(5) Take the application form and all documents to Bureau of Employment and Vocational Training or mail them with registered post with receiver's name as 職業訓練局綜合規劃組 (application of foreign professions)
(For the address or contact detail, please see point 5, below)
3. Other Regulations
(1) The status of international students in Taiwan should be in accordance with the regulations of Ministry of Education.
(2) The applicants can apply for the student work permit only if they have spent two semesters studying degree courses or a one-year language course in Taiwan.
(3) The period validity of a work permit is six months at most.
(4) For applications made in the first semester, the work permit is valid until March 30th of the next semester; for applications made in the second semester, the work permit is valid until September 30th of the same year.
(5) The maximum work hours are 16 hours per week, except during summer and winter vacation.
(6) Bureau of Employment and Vocational Training has the right to revoke the permit if the applicants do not follow the regulations.
(7) According to Employment Services Act, foreigners who work without a work permit will be fined from NT 30,000 to NT150, 000.
(8) Students should return the work permit (if valid) to the OIA if they suspend or discontinue their schooling.
4. Application for Renewal the Work Permit
Please prepare the following documents, and repeat the procedure above:
(1) Application form
(2)Declaration to explain the reasons for renewal
5. For more details and regulations, please contact Bureau of Employment and Vocational Training
Address: 1F., No.83, Sec. 2, Yanping N. Rd., Datong District, Taipei City 103, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Office Hour: Monday to Friday, 8:30-12:30, 13:30-17:30